Privacy and Policy
STANDARD PRICE MOVING COMPANY POLICY
1. The customer or his representative must be present during the initial and final walk-through.
2. Any damage claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department within 90 days of your move.
3. We only move empty freezers/refrigerators.
4. We only move empty aquariums. (Empty of water, and also empty of pets.)
5. If you have a waterbed, we will glady move it following your directions. However, we are not waterbed technicians and we strongly recommend that you hire a waterbed technician to move your waterbed.
6. For safety reasons, small children and pets must be clear of the work area.
7. Standard Price Moving Company will not load hazardous or combustible items such as propane tanks, firearms, paint, and aerosols, as the temperature in the truck could cause these items to explode or ignite.
8. Cancellation Policy: At Standard price Moving Company we have a strict cancellation policy that you can review here.
Customer’s Rights & Responsibilities
• your rights:
1. You have the right to view your completed packing or loading prior to the movers departing from the job site.
2. You have the right to have an experienced and competent moving and packing crew to complete your move.
3.You have the right to have our basic moving equipment (at least one hand truck, floor dolly, & standard tools) on every move site.
4. You have the right to list any items damaged on site on the work order for a damage claim.
5. You have to right to request a claim form and submit a claim for items damaged on site that are not excluded as discussed in the “Exclusions” section.
• Your Responsibilities:
1.It is the customers responsibility to prep and make arrangements for the protection of carpets, wood floors, doorways, and similar property. Every precaution is taken to ensure damage is avoided to property but the responsibility for providing protective materials is the customers.
2.It is the customers responsibility to provide enough furniture pads for their loading job. We recommend at least one dozen pads for every 5′ of space. This should be adjusted according to your specific move.
3.It is the customers responsibility to provide to an appropriate amount of space for our movers to work with. We do not provide on site visual estimates and cannot determine the space needed for your move.
4.It is the customers responsibility to provide proper packing supplies for our packers. We do not provide packing supplies and cannot determine the appropriate amount of supplies needed to complete your packing.
5.It is the customers responsibility to ensure access to job sites including parking permits, reserved elevators, HOA approval and similar issues.
Limits Of Liability
• Moving Labor Service vs Full Service Movers
Full service moving companies handle all five aspects of moving: Packing, Loading, Transportation, Unloading, and Unpacking. Since they control all five aspects they can ensure that every item is inventoried and handled properly, exclusively by their crew. This also enables them to provide a wide range of moving insurance options. We are different because we usually handle a portion of the move, such as loading and unloading, while you or your transportation provider will control the rest.
• Notice of Limited Liability
Your move is protected by the federally mandated released valuation coverage of $0.60/lb per item. Moving companies are federally mandated to provide this default coverage. It is not based on value and does have exclusions which we discuss further in the “Exclusions” section below. Our liability only extends to items while under our care and custody. Once our workers depart from your location we can no longer be held liable for any damages.
Here are some additional insurance options that may be available to you.
• Transportation Provider Insurance:
Most rental truck, portable storage, and trailer companies will have additional insurance options available. Please review the specific details of coverage with the transportation provider before purchasing.
• Homeowners or Renters Insurance:
This insurance will usually cover damage that occurs while in transit to the new location, office or residence. It is recommended that you always consult your insurer to confirm the details or your coverage.
• Third Party Insurance:
This insurance can be purchased and will usually be set specifically to cover your goods during the move. These policies may have many exclusions and should be reviewed thoroughly before purchasing.
Any furniture items when furniture pads where not provided are not covered. If an adequate amount of furniture pads are not provided it is likely that your items will be damaged and we cannot assume liability for those damages.
Any items not recorded on our work order before we depart from your location are not covered. Our liability ends once the items leave our possession. You maintain the right to inspect all items before we depart the job site. In order to submit a claim for any non-excluded damaged items, they must be listed on the work order.
Any box, crate, bin, or similar items that were packed by the customer and not by our packers are not covered. We cannot be sure if these items were properly packaged and protected and we cannot assume damage liability for these items.
Special care, fragile, and high value items without proper packaging and preparation are not covered. These items include things like flat panel TV’s and pianos which traditional full service moving companies would require to be crated. We will move these items at the customers request without crating but cannot assume liability for damages if packing quality has not been met.
Electronics, gaming consoles, computers, stereos, tablets, etc. are not covered. These items are usually packed by the customer which is excluded from coverage. Further, we do not check these items working condition before moving them therefore we cannot be sure they were in working condition prior to the move.
Particle board or pressed wood furniture and ” Ikea” like furniture is not covered. Due to the poor quality of the material these items are prone to damage, even when properly handled.
Any damages associated with the connection or disconnection of household appliances is not covered. We will connect appliances at the customers request as a courtesy, however we are not plumbers or electricians and we strongly recommend hiring a professional service provider to connect all appliances.
Items that cannot be moved safely and without damage to home or to the item are not covered. This refers to a situation where there is an item that was assembled inside the home and cannot be taken apart but may be too large to fit through an exit. At the request of the customer we will try to move the item but our damage liability is waived for such an item.
What Is Covered?
We absolutely provide coverage for items that we knowingly and without dispute damage. Released valuation coverage will be provided to all items damaged on site while in the custody and care of our movers, as long as they do not meet any of the exclusions above.
How To Submit A Claim
All claims must be submitted in writing to our claims department within 90 days of your move date. To be considered valid, damage must be reported on the work order prior to our crews departure. We reserve the right to verify all claims using any and all reasonable standards for achieving proper verification of claims. Please click the link below and fill out the contact form to request a claim form.
Cancellation & Reschedule Policies
At Standard Price Moving Company we pride ourselves on being on every job site on time and ready to work. We reserve our movers specifically for you and will turn away other jobs to meet your move according to your schedule. We have different cancellation policies that vary based on when the cancellation is placed. The policies have been outlined below for your reference.
“—> If you need to cancel your order but plan to reschedule for a date in the future please review our “Hold Status” or “Rescheduling” policy for additional options.
*If you have a freight trailer or mobile storage unit that has a delivery window we will work with you to accommodate the unknown delivery window.*
• Standard Order Cancellation: You will need to cancel your order 48 hrs. in advance to avoid a $ 150 cancellation fee .
• “Hold” Status – Short Term Cancel: If your situation has changed and you are no longer sure of your moving dates you may opt to move your reservation to hold status. This will cancel your current order(s) and allow them to be rescheduled at any time within twelve months without penalty.
• Same Day Cancellation: If you placed an order and require service for the same day we will do everything possible to accommodate your request. We require a $100.00 deposit at the time of booking, if we are unsuccessful in scheduling a crew your deposit will be refunded. However, if a crew is confirmed and then a cancellation is made no refund will be provided.
Need to Reschedule?
We will gladly reschedule reservations, however reschedules are subject to time and date availability. There are no fees or charges associated with a reschedule request assuming the request is provided timely and personnel is not already dispatched on your service day. If personnel has been dispatched already on your service day you are subject to the $150.00 ‘No Show Fee’. Please keep us informed of your situation in a timely matter and we are more than happy to work with you.
If your relocation plans have changed we offer the ability to place your active reservation into hold status. Hold status provides you with up to one year to reschedule your reservation without any fees.